RF Field Technician
Tazca Connects Field Deployment is looking for a RF Field Technician reporting to the General Manager.
Tazca was launched as a company to answer the call for affordable broadband. Tazca offers 4G LTE-as-a-Service with the lowest CAPEX and OPEX in the industry so wireless Operators can deploy carrier grade broadband now, without having to worry about hardware and software infrastructure. Instead, Operators can focus on marketing and signing up subscribers to begin delivering LTE download speeds of up to 450MBps with capacities of 200 to 2000 simultaneous subscribers.
Job Location: One Pierce Place, Suite 700W, Itasca, IL 60143
- On-site and remote technical wireless installation, configuration and issue resolution of Tazca’s 4G LTE fixed wireless broadband managed services solution.
- Provide technical RF wireless support associated with field implementations.
The candidate will provide fixed wireless RF engineering implementation support for Tazca clients. Technical leadership of fixed wireless solutions including their related radio hardware components and indoor/outdoor User Equipment (UE) will be required. Detailed oriented, analytical work is needed including software installation configuration of Linux based (x86) server applications. Moderate to advanced knowledge of RF engineering. In addition, knowledge of Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), IP networking, VoLTE/IMS and Tazca’s 4G LTE EPC-as-a-Service is desired.
Must be able to work well in a team environment and operate with minimal supervision. Position requires at least five years of RF radio experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five to seven years RF engineering experience in wireless cellular or IP networking
- Working knowledge of wireless RF planning, including indoor/outdoor coverage maps, RF studies, TDD/FDD bandwidth calculations, and link budget analysis
- Advanced system level trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Moderate knowledge of LTE fixed wireless broadband systems and applications
- Moderate TCP/IP networking skills (SIP, VoIP, IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC VPN, SSLm firewalls, IP routing)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Tier One or Two carrier experience required, with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular and Verizon preferred
- NodeB or eNodeB radio experience with Alcatel Lucent, Nokia Siemens, or Erickson preferred
- 50%-75% travel, must be able to travel to United States and international customer sites (United States Passport required)